Monday, October 6, 2014

We Thank Thee, Oh God, For a Prophet 10.6.14

Dear Family,

This has been, hands down, the BEST. CONFERENCE. EVER!!! I loved it!! I was ready to just keep going!! Maybe if I write the prophet we could make it an all week thing. Think that would fly? 

Conference is such a source of power. We've been teaching a lot of people about the importance of prophets and so I've taken a lot of time to study the importance of prophets. I found this awesome scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 21: " Wherefore, meaning the church, thou shalt give heed unto all his words and commandments which he shall give unto you as he receiveth them, walking in all holiness before me; For his word ye shall receive, as if from mine own mouth, in all patience and faith. For by doing these things the gates of hell shall not prevail against you; yea, and the Lord God will disperse the powers of darkness from before you, and cause the heavens to shake for your good, and his name’s glory." Isn't that the best promise ever?? Who wouldn't want that in their life? We're pretty much promised that if we listen to the prophet, we will NEVER LOSE. Who wants to be on the winning team? All in favor? I am so so so grateful for a living prophet and I know without a doubt that Thomas Spencer Monson is a prophet of God. 

One goal that I have set for myself as a result of this past General Conference is to be a better disciple of Jesus Christ. I read a talk Saturdaybefore conference called "The Fourth Missionary" and Elder Corbridge talks about not trying to be "a great missionary" but rather to become a disciple of Jesus Christ- it's more lasting. From this past General Conference, I have gained many tools and much counsel as to how I can be a better disciple and "walk as Jesus walked" (President Monson's talk). The apostles have thrown a shadow and we can and should choose to follow them because they "will not and cannot lead us astray." (Elder Ballard's talk). 

I think what made this conference so powerful was hearing people speak the words that the Spirit placed in their heart in their own language. It's SO POWERFUL. It has been a blessing to go English speaking on my mission because I can tell people exactly what's on my heart in my way rather than changing my words to fit my limited vocabulary. This church is a global church. No matter where you go, the church will always be true. :) Admittedly, I freaked out during Elder Klebingat's talk. We were in the same branch in Ukraine. Also, was Aunt Martha in the choir?? I thought I saw her....

If you haven't already signed up to get "Meet the Mormons" in your area, DO IT NOW. We watched it after zone training and OHMYGOODNESSTHATMOVIEISAMAZING. YOU NEED TO WATCH IT. YOU NEED THAT IN YOUR LIFE. CAN YOU NOT TELL HOW IMPORTANT I THINK THIS IS?? I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS FOR THE GOOD MAJORITY OF THIS PARAGRAPH. But really, this is an incredible missionary opportunity. I LOVED this movie and the Spirit is so strong. My burly College Football Coach Mission President cried. I cried. That's how good it is. Please, please, PLEASE watch it. You won't regret it. :)

Treasure the words from this past General Conference. I know without a doubt that they can and will change your lives. I have such a testimony that their words are true and that they will lead us to our Savior Jesus Christ. We are so blessed to have a prophet in these latter days. :)

I love you all!! Be safe and have an incredible week!


Love and charity,
Sister Jensen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment