Monday, October 6, 2014

School Has Begun! 9.8.14

Dear Family,

Welcome to the opening day of Transfer #6! It's bound to be a fun and exciting transfer, brothers and sisters! You will be guaranteed daring adventure, moments of heart breaks and heroic tales of courage and faith. Be on the look out for exciting tales of the Sisters at WMU! With that fantastic introduction, hello dearest family! I have exciting news: today I received my 8th companion, Sister Fehlman (pronouced "fell-men"). Sister Cunningham got transferred to Wyoming and I get to train Sister Fehlman on being an STL here at WMU! I can honestly say that it is the blind leading the blind but President Packer (maybe it was him?) has promised that as long as we are on the Lord's errand we cannot fail! I'm pretty sure President Jacobsen sent Sister Fehlman here to help me be a better missionary because I need all the help I can get! Sister Fehlman just transferred from MSU where she was a normal campus missionary for the past 7 and a half months. I can definitely learn a lot from her! I want to be a better missionary and this is definitely an answer to prayer to have her here!

We had a MUCH better week this week! With school starting, there is a lot more people to talk to and that means more things to do and more people to teach. The amount of lessons we taught saw a significant spike and will hopefully stay that way throughout the transfer. We picked up a couple new investigators and there is some great potential in them. Probably my favorite lesson was with a guy named Tyler. We met Tyler door knocking a couple weeks ago and we got an appointment with him. We planned to teach the Restoration but after a solid "How to Begin Teaching" we felt like his concerns and questions were more along the lines of the Plan of Salvation. It was the most solid lesson I've had on my mission. The whole time we taught Tyler would say things like, "I've never thought of it that way before but that totally makes sense!" It was awesome to watch the Spirit work and see him connect the dots as we talked to him. When we got to the end, Sister Cunningham and I bore powerful testimonies of what we had taught and the Spirit was there. It wasn't a burning in the bosom or a this huge heavens opening thing, but things just made sense and felt right. It was an incredible lesson for me to participate in and I feel blessed that I got to experience that. We have a return appointment with him this Wednesday and I'm really looking forward to it.

I won't lie: being on campus has been the hardest part of my mission so far. It has brought out a lot of insecurities in me and I feel as though I'm starting my mission all over again. So this week I decided to make a "Pump Sister Jensen Up" scripture chain! People listen to music to get them pumped before they work out or before a game, I read my scriptures. :) One scripture that I really like that has helped me see the kind of missionary I want to be at the end of the day/end of the transfer/end of my stay at WMU/end of the mission is 2 Timothy 4:7 which says: "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith." Every time I read it, I imagine myself victorious over the things of the world. It's hard to fight that good fight every day! But I want to be able to stand before Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and say that exact phrase to them, especially the part "I have kept the faith." Won't that feel good?? One of the other scriptures in my scripture chain is John 16:33: "In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." It's a great reminder to me that Jesus Christ has overcome the world. As long as I have faith in him, I will overcome as well. :)

Thank you so much for sharing with me pictures and adventures and your love. I need it every week. It reminds me to be strong and continue forward. I love you all so much. :) 

Have an incredible week! I love more and more!

Love,
The Kzoo Michiganary :)

No comments:

Post a Comment