Monday, October 6, 2014

WMU Missionaries 9.15.14

Dear Family,

It's always intriguing to hear about what happens in just a week! You all seem to be having quite the experiences. Thank you for keeping me informed. It's so nice to hear what is going on with my family. I feel just out of the loop with normal life stuff, I'm glad that I at least hear what you're doing. 

This week was AWESOME. I'm sensing a reoccurring theme on my mission: Heavenly Father makes things miserable so I feel nothing but gratitude when things change. I think it's just a reflection of my pride haha. I've seen on my mission that I have quite a bit of pride and then some. Let me tell you flat out that Sister Fehlman is the miracle that WMU needs right now. She is a fireball! I don't know what it is about short people but they're either extremely shy or extremely forward and Sister Fehlman could take on an army. She's awesome and I am so grateful that I get to work with her. I've seen changes in the way I do missionary work in just the past week. It is a definite answer to my prayers to be able to work with her. 

Here's a little bit about Sister Fehlman: She's from Arizona. She is the youngest of six girls. She was a cheerleader in college. Sister Fehlman originally got her call to Brazil but had visa issues and was reassigned to the Michigan Lansing Mission and then decided to spend the rest of her mission here. She has three transfers left. Sister Fehlman has a fire for the Gospel and loves to tell people how it is. 

We spent the week personal contacting which normally makes me a little uncomfortable. I don't have the easiest time with it, but Sister Fehlman changed my whole perspective. We had amazing conversations, a lot of them being inspired by the Spirit. We saw miracles all week: a person had a copy of the Book of Mormon given to them years ago when they talked with missionaries and keeps it with them when they move; another girl saying, "I feel warm and happy about the things you've told me."; doing our weekly planning and having to plan out 12 lessons for the upcoming week; running into two former investigators that we've been trying to contact. There have been so many wonderful things in the past week! We are definitely seeing blessings and I am SO GRATEFUL for them. I just can't help but glory in my God! It feels so good to feel useful!

What else happened this week.....? Oh. The saddest thing ever: I had to wear a coat. ALL. WEEK. Can you believe it?? It's been FREEZING all week! We've had our heater running in our apartment! I put on thermals one day! What gives Michigan?? If there weren't green leaves on the trees I would think it was October and the snow was on it's way. I keep telling Sister Fehlman that it feels like Christmas in California. Heaven knows what this Christmas here will truly be like this year and if Michigan is giving us a preview, I guess I will finally know what Han Solo felt like. 

But really, everything is good. :) I love being a missionary. I love my life. I feel so blessed to be here and to be serving the Lord. There really is nothing like the peace and happiness that is found in the gospel of Jesus Christ. Maybe I've shared this before but I really love the scripture in Mosiah chapter 2. It's the last verse, verse 41 and it says, "And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual." I've experienced this personally and I've seen it in the lives of others. I know that we will be happy as long as we keep God's commandments and let Him be the focus of our lives. Nothing can go permanently wrong when we put Heavenly Father first. :)

I love you all so much. I hope that you are seeing the blessings that Heavenly Father is pouring out on you. I know that "God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth" (Alma 26:37) and I know He loves you. "Look to [him] in every thought; doubt not, fear not." (D&C 6:36) :)

Love,
Not yet Frozen but Nicely Refrigerated Sister Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment