Saturday, December 20, 2014

The Book of Mormon is True 11.10.14

Dear Family,

Just so you know, they have limited our emailing time to just an hour and a half now (president and personal emails) so we'll see how much I can get in a short amount of time. 

This week was great! We are seeing so many miracles! We totaled up our week yesterday and we are seeing a lot more success in teaching and this is the third week in a row that we've hit standard (hitting half of the indicator goals for the mission)! We're pretty happy about that. I know that it's not me but the Lord who is granting us success. We put in our crust and He gives us a loaf in return.

One of my favorite lessons ever happened last Monday. We are teaching a guy named Alex who is doing great. We have been trying to place him on a baptismal date but he keeps saying that he needs to read more of the Book of Mormon before he commits, so he started reading from the beginning of the Book of Mormon. For me personally, I have had a couple questions that I've wanted answers to in regards to my testimony and I've been praying to find answers to those questions. As we were teaching Alex, I bore testimony of the Book of Mormon and as I did I told him, "Because I know the Book of Mormon is true, I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet." the Spirit hit me with incredible force. I felt like the Spirit was telling me that the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon is the only thing I needed to know right now, because if I can accept that, I can accept everything else by faith. It was such an incredible answer to my prayers that I got a little choked up telling Alex my feelings about the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon is not just the key stone of my religion but the key stone of my testimony. I have gained a great love for and relationship with the Book of Mormon these past 9 and a half months that I will be eternally grateful for. If any of you are struggling with an aspect of your testimony, ask Heavenly Father to confirm the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. That knowledge has been a life saver to my testimony.

Here's a cool little surprise for you: Elder Nash of the Seventy is coming to our mission next week!! We're pumped!! We can't wait!! And guess what else?? I get to play two musical numbers! Yay!! I got a call from the zone leaders in our zone and in the next zone over if I could provide help with some musical numbers and I jumped at the opportunity. I am SO GRATEFUL that Mom and Dad put me through 12 years of piano lessons because it has been the greatest blessing on my mission! I am accompanying a solo and a choir. Sister Lindeman, the soloist, is singing an arrangement of "I Am a Child of God". I'll try to record it for you sometime when we practice because it is BEAUTIFUL. I was struggling not to cry as we practiced yesterday day. That song is so powerful and I know the Spirit will touch all of those present. PS Tim, keep practicing! Your mission president will LOVE you! 

Sorry if this email is scattered. I'm not the best typer and I don't have much time to proof read.... Just know that things are going well. I love my mission. :) I've heard reports that it's going to be around freezing this week with snow Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and that next week isn't suppose to be above freezing. It's a blessing that I got to Michigan when I did this year because I know what's coming and I have a better idea of how to survive and have fun this time around! :)

I love you all!! Have a wonderful week!

Sister Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment