Saturday, December 20, 2014

Tender Mercies 11.24.14

Dear Family!!

Before I forget, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! I hope you all enjoy (and are already enjoying) the time together for the holiday. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful family. :) I love the pictures. It really makes me happy to see all of you together. It sounds like you'll be having quite the Thanksgiving festivities. Good luck!!  

This week was GREAT in some respects and not so great in others haha. You know how I told you that we would be getting 10 inches last week? Well, we actually got 10 inches over night and another foot the following day so on Tuesday campus was closed because it was snowing so bad and the workers couldn't control it. Good thing we planned tradeoffs for THAT day, right? Almost all of our appointments cancelled because of the storm, which was a bummer, but we saw a lot of tender mercies as well. Because there was no school, people who couldn't normally meet with us were suddenly very open to meet. We were able to visit a couple less active members and have some great teaching moments. I always have to remind myself that it's not important that my work gets done but that the Lord's work gets done and sometimes He has better plans. Thankfully, Sister Manning was super patient as I scrambled around to find appointments so we wouldn't be finding all day in 0 degree (that's Fahrenheit, ladies and gents) weather. It all worked out without too much frostbite. ;)

One of the coolest moments this week was the opportunity I had to bear testimony in Spanish! I went to Battle Creek for tradeoffs and we taught a Dominican man. I really felt like bearing my testimony in Spanish so I did. My Spanish is NOT good but the words came and I bore a simple testimony. I felt the Spirit strongly. I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to do that. I hope he felt the Spirit as well. :)

The definite highlight of this week was going to East Lansing for our training. We found out before the training that Elder Nash had an emergency reassignment and wouldn't be coming. Needless to say, we were all pretty bummed. But after our meeting, all I could do was think of President Jacobsen's words: "I'm darn glad Elder Nash didn't come!" It was probably the most powerful training I have been to on my mission. Everyone who spoke during the training spoke by the Spirit and they gave us the counsel we needed. It was amazing to see the inspiration flow and to feel the Spirit so strongly. Sister Lindeman and I were able to add to the Spirit and perform our piece. I will admit, I was crying before the song and I couldn't think too deeply about what she was singing because my eyes would start smarting. I don't think I could ever convey over email the magnitude of the Spirit I felt that day. It was amazing. 

Transfer calls are this week and it should be really interesting to see what happens. I've been in Kalamazoo for three transfers but Sister Fehlman is leaving for home midway through next transfer so who knows who's staying or going? I think I will be here for at least one more transfer.

Oh, and my foot is doing alright. I go back next week to see if it's healing. It wasn't four weeks ago. It still hurts to walk on it but it's slowly getting better. At least I'm not on crutches!!

I love you all. I am SO BLESSED to be an Eternal Family with all of you. I LOVE the Lord and I LOVE His Gospel. I LOVE my mission with all of my heart. It really has made all the difference. Have a magnificent Thanksgiving!! 

Love, Sister Jensen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment