Saturday, December 20, 2014

Let it Snow Buckets! 11.17.14

Dear Family!!

SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWW!!!! It has been snowing A LOT. It snowed quite literally nonstop from about Wednesday to Friday evening. Every time I looked out the window, it was snowing. It's AWESOME! I love it!! I had to stop studying in our study room because I would space out watching the snow and forget to study haha. I love the snow, it's so beautiful. It makes the season magical and I am looking forward to this adventure. Kalamazoo gets "Lake Effect Snow" and from what we've heard that pretty much means Kalamazoo gets a lot of wet, heavy snow. Someone told me that we're expecting around 10 inches of snow this week. That should be quite exciting. Sister Fehlman said in one of our prayers this week, "Please help me to have as much excitement as Sister Jensen for the snow." Haha I guess I really love the snow. :)



This week we got humbled. Let's face it, we all need a little bit of humbling every now and again. We only taught 7 member present lessons this week when the standard is 10. But our amount of other lessons increased dramatically. We actually taught more other lessons than member present lessons. A lot of our appointments "shined" us or got sick, but Heavenly Father always showed His love and provided another lesson for us to teach. I saw a lot of tender mercies even though our lessons fell through. It wasn't a bad week all in all, it just didn't go as expected. We're really working on getting people on date to be baptized but Satan is pulling out all stops and it's been a lot harder than other missionaries make it out to be. We're really hoping to reset a date with Bin and also commit Greg to a date. Hopefully we'll see some miracles this week!

I love teaching lessons because I always learn something. I think a good measure of knowing whether the Spirit was present in a lesson is whether you leave that lesson learning something yourself. This week a member said a really cool thing. I asked the member (a convert of about a month) how he came to know the Book of Mormon was true. He paused and said, "I asked until I didn't have to ask anymore, because I just came to know that it was true." It kind of stunned me because I hadn't thought of answers that way before. But when he said it, the Spirit confirmed that it was true. Sometimes prayers aren't answered with powerful feelings but with a knowing. We get to the point where we don't have to ask anymore because we know the answer. Interesting thing to think about, right?        

Sorry to keep it brief but I love you all! Thanks for all your support! Please travel safely in whatever you do! Have a great week with Stephen and
Stephanie and family! :)

Love,
Sister Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment