Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Get Your Kazoos Ready. . . 7.28.14

Dear Family,
I'm being transferred to Kalamazoo!!! I was FLOORED when I got the call. Let me tell you the whole story: I told Sister Brockbank that if we're both staying the Zone Leaders would call before 10am and we would continue with our weekly planning. Sister Brockbank is only halfway trained so I wasn't expecting any changes. So imagine our confusion when President Jacobsen called at 9:30am. We answered and he said, "Sister Jensen, you are being transferred to Kalamazoo to be on the WMU campus." In my head I'm thinking, they only send sisters to campus to be Sister Training Leaders. And then President Jacobsen said, "Oh, and there's a note here that you are going to be an STL." I lost it. I didn't know whether I was laughing or crying. I feel SO under qualified to be a Sister Training Leader. The transfer before I got Sister Brockbank, I decided I never wanted to be a STL and I didn't want to serve on campus. After stewing that over for a couple weeks I decided that was completely selfish and shortsighted of me. By placing limits on what I wanted and was comfortable with, I was limiting my effectiveness and how God could use me to accomplish His plan for His children. So I repented and now this happened. Oh boy. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father doesn't allow me to get comfortable on my mission. He answers my prayers when I ask Him to keep me humble. I am so excited that I get to learn and grow and serve the sisters in the Kalamazoo Zone.  Sister Brockbank is a little overwhelmed at the thought of taking over Rockford but I have absolute confidence in her. She has taught me so much this transfer and I am so thankful that Heavenly Father allowed me to work with her. She will be trained by Sister Jensen (look at that consistency. ;) and they are going to have some awesome success this transfer!
Rockford District

This week was great! We had probably one of my best/favorite lessons this past Saturday. It was the best not because it was perfect but because the Spirit was there. Isn't that the best?? Isn't feeling the Spirit just awesome?? How incredible is the Spirit! We were teaching TJ the second half of the Restoration lesson and it was just awesome. We had two of our ward missionaries with us and they added SO MUCH to our lesson! We cannot do this work without the members! We left that lesson happy. That's how you can tell how your lesson went. It was FAR from perfect but we left feeling peace and happiness. The Spirit was felt by all of us and TJ is excited to read the Book of Mormon and know if it is truth. All credit goes to the Spirit. When Elder Holland visited our mission, he said that the Holy Ghost is the most undervalued and unappreciated gift that Heavenly Father has given us. I have definitely gained a greater desire and appreciation for the Spirit on my mission. It is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL. "Wherefore, I the Lord ask you this question—unto what were ye ordained? To preach my gospel by the Spirit, even the Comforter which was sent forth to teach the truth... Verily I say unto you, he that is ordained of me and sent forth to preach the word of truth by the Comforter, in the Spirit of truth, doth he preach it by the Spirit of truth or some other way? And if it be by some other way it is not of God. And again, he that receiveth the word of truth, doth he receive it by the Spirit of truth or some other way? If it be some other way it is not of God. Therefore, why is it that ye cannot understand and know, that he that receiveth the word by the Spirit of truth receiveth it as it is preached by the Spirit of truth?" (D&C 50:13-14, 17-21, italics added) I am so so so grateful for the Spirit! I couldn't do this work without him!
Dad asked what the most unusual or unique thing that happened this week. Probably the most unusual thing that happened this week was our investigator coming to church without us asking. We have been trying for two months to get one of our investigators to come to church and yesterday she decided she was coming to church! Being transferred has some swaying power it looks like. ;) Plus she had a great time! She believes that one of the talks was for her deliberately. What a blessing!
Just a quick funny story: People cross the street deliberately not to talk to us. It's awesome! That's when I turn to Sister Brockbank and I say, "We must be doing our job right if people are avoiding us." People are really silly sometimes. It's really fun to go to the grocery store and watch people avoid the isles we're on or not make eye contact with us. It's funny what a little black badge can do. ;)
Where's our sign?

I'm doing so well and I am SO grateful for all the things Heavenly Father does for me on a daily basis. I know that the Book of Mormon is true! I have felt that witness again and again. I love reading it and I love those prophets for sacrificing so much for us. I hope you all have a fantastic week in Texas! I love you all!!
Love,
The Michiganary  

No comments:

Post a Comment