Saturday, May 31, 2014

The Season of Post-Winter 5.19.14

Dear Family,
Our investigator Steven had some really profound words to say to us this week: "Michigan has four seasons: pre-winter, winter, post-winter, and summer." We are definitely in the "post-winter" phase. I rather grumpily pulled out my winter coat this past week because I was worried about losing some limbs while door knocking. My California body is not very happy with Michigan but that's all part of the adventure! And pretty soon I might die of heat stroke so I should probably enjoy the cold while it lasts.

We have a lot of exciting things happening this week! First, Elder Jeffery R. Holland and Elder Donald L. Hallstrom are coming to our mission tomorrow! We get to be taught them for 3 hours. I might have carpel tunnel after this event. I am anticipating writing like a mad person. Our mission president keeps emphasizing that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. We have been preparing ourselves for the past 6 weeks to listen to them and their counsel. I am very blessed that I get to be there with my mission as well as the Detroit Mission. It should be incredible and just what I need.
Our next exciting thing is that we are having a baptism!! This Saturday we're having a baptism for Sarah! I am so excited for her! She is super prepared and has such a wonderful spirit! She is going to be amazing! 
Sister Richardson and I are working hard! We have been blessed to see miracles happen this week and we now have a new investigator! Her name is Debra. We are so excited to work with her. We've been trying to get something solid with her and her husband for the past three months and she told us this past week that she is ready to learn! We are so excited! She loves us and we love her! She and her husband have some concerns about Joseph Smith so we're hoping that we can watch "Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration" with her and her husband soon.

I would really like to share a scripture with you that has brought the Spirit to me this past week. It's Mormon 8:16 "And blessed be he that shall bring this thing to light; for it shall be brought out of darkness unto light, according to the word of God; yea, it shall be brought out of the earth, and it shall shine forth out of darkness, and come unto the knowledge of the people." This scripture is talking about the Book of Mormon. I've thought about this scripture this past week and how the Book of Mormon has filled the world with light. I've also reflected a lot on how the Book of Mormon has been a light in my personal darkness. I am so grateful for the light it has given me throughout my life and especially as I have been a missionary. The Book of Mormon will always be a source of light in the darkness of the world and our personal darkness.
Well, that's it for me this week! I love you all so much! Have a great adventure this week and enjoy Memorial Day!
Love,
Sister Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment