Monday, May 19, 2014

Gorgeous Michigan 5.12.14

Dear family,                                                                                          May 12, 2014
It was a blessing to talk to you yesterday! When I got off the phone, I could only feel peace and love. Thank you so much for being patient while things got sorted out on my end. It was definitely worth it. I love you all so much. I am so grateful for each of you and I hope you know that you're the best family ever. God has been incredible to us, especially me. What a blessing it is to be alive in a time with technology!
This week was great! It is FANTASTIC being in a companionship! I love it! I have loved being in the trios that I was in but when it all comes down to it, companionships are ideal. Sister Richardson is from Salem, Utah. She is an incredible missionary. She is so Christlike and I feel extremely privileged to have her as my companion for her last transfer. Out of everywhere she could have gone, she came to Rockford to work with me! Heavenly Father has a plan for His work her in Rockford and I know that Sister Richardson is here to help that plan move forward. I have so much to learn from her and I hope that I can learn all that I can from her while she's here. You can bet we're going to work hard! We've set some really stretching goals but I know that we can accomplish them!
The trees finally have their leaves!! I don't think you quite understand how excited about the trees having leaves I am. I love the green! It looks so much better than brown naked trees everywhere. And they all kind of appeared overnight. I love the blossoms and the leaves! Michigan is incredibly beautiful. As we drove around Rockford this week, Sister Richardson could not stop saying how beautiful it is. The homes here are GORGEOUS and the forests/rolling hills make it all so beautiful. We're seeing a lot more wildlife too! A lot of deer and bunnies and chipmunks. The birds are really pretty now that they've come back and it's really fun to go door knocking in the forests and hear the birds and squirrels jabbering. If there wasn't seven months of winter it would be really tempting to live here some day.
We had dinner with the J. Family on Fast Sunday. We love having dinner with them. I am so blessed to have amazing members in my ward. We had left their house only a couple minutes earlier and we got a call from them saying that I had left my scriptures at their house. We turned around and went back. As we turned the corner, the 14 year old son was standing in the middle of the street with my scriptures in his hand. He gave them to me and said something that I didn't catch. We drove away and I noticed that my scripture case was shaped oddly. I opened them up and pulled out a smashed roll in a ziplock bag, a caprisun, an avocado, a lollipop, and a picture of Spiderman. We were all really impressed. For only about four minutes of prep, they capitalized on them. It is my goal in life to be this family.
The work is going well! We have a new investigator and we have a couple lessons planned this week. We feel that there are miracles coming and we're doing our best to allow them to happen! Our investigator will probably be getting baptized next week because she missed church this Sunday but we can't wait! Please pray for Sarah! 
I love you all so much and I hope you have a great week! You are all incredible examples of Jesus Christ so let your light shine before men that they may see your works and glorify our Father who is in Heaven! (3 Nephi 12:16 or Matthew 5:16)
Much love,
Sister Jensen


No comments:

Post a Comment