Sunday, February 22, 2015

WHAT a WEEK! 2.19.15

Dear Family!!
I promise I am safe and well and that everything is alright! Due to my temple trip today, we had to change our P-Day with Monday and I forgot to mention that. Sorry 'boot that. But today was INCREDIBLE. I have a testimony of temple attendance, brothers and sisters! (I feel like my inner Pentecostal is coming out....) Did I need it or did I need it?? I LOVE THE TEMPLE!!! So amazing. So, so amazing.

Okay, let me see if I can accurately describe my week to you:
We moved Ian's date. We went over the baptismal questions with him and did not feel good about going through with it. After praying about it and talking with our ward mission leader, zone leaders, and mission president, we decided we needed to change it. Apparently, Ian felt the same way too. So it works out when you please God before pleasing man. ;)
Last Saturday was COLD. I don't think I'll ever be as cold in my life as I have been this winter. Holy cannoli, it was COLD. We weren't allowed to leave our apartment until noon. Why, I don't know. Maybe to let it "warm up"? I don't know. But it was around zero and with the wind chill probably around -25. Also on Saturdays we have a "car fast" in our mission (our mission has the highest accident rate East of the Mississippi) so we couldn't use our car. So we layered, layered, layered and ventured out! There were some apartment type things that were indoor close to our apartment so we decided to knock those. The first guy we talked to we talked to for an hour and he committed to coming to church. And then, he actually came to church!! It was AWESOME!!! His name is Brian. He's going through a divorce right now so it's great that we met him when we did. He told us that he even prayed the night before we met him that God would help him find another church. What?? Is this real life?? We taught him this week and I think we have a solid new investigator! Another interesting thing about this the timing. As we talked to Brain, our phone kept going off. We checked our phone after we were finished and the zone leaders had called and texted us to tell us that we could use our car. They could have called us sooner but they didn't. I sincerely believe it didn't happen sooner because we needed to meet Brain. God is in control, my friends.

Sunday was stressful but memorable! Sister Morrison is a SAINT and made me breakfast (gluten, dairy, soy, nut, fruit, and vegetable free. Impressive) and served me all day. Her parents sent her a cake mix (GDSNFV free as well) so we could have cake together on my birthday! It was such a kind gesture and I need to write them a thank you note. We also had Zone Conference on Sunday (It was supposed to be Thursday and then it got moved to Saturday. And then with the weather it got moved to Sunday) with Elder Marcus B. Nash of the Seventy. I never thought a meeting could be so stressful! They packed at 8-hour meeting into 3 hours. But it was still great and I learned a lot. After that we had to eat cake! I had been dying to eat it all day. But then I thought about how lame it would be for us to just eat it so we called our investigator Elizabeth and asked her if she would like to celebrate with us. Who turns down free chocolate cake? No one. (Jim Gaffigan: What is this? Cake? Well I guess I'll try it. OM-NOM. The only thing you're doing during the song is wondering what kind of cake it is: HOPE IT'S CHOCOLATE FOR ME!) I couldn't have ended my birthday any better. Sharing it with my friends and talking about God. :) #mishlife #mishbirthdaysbestbirthdays  

Yesterday we had an AWESOME day of lessons! It was almost stressful because we had back to back lessons. We were running a tight ship, that's for sure! The Spirit was strong and it still baffles me all the success we're seeing this week. It is amazing to see what happens when we pray, have faith, obey the rules, and work hard. When we do those things as missionaries, the Lord can bless us. I have seen this area grow and so many of my prayers me answered this transfer. I don't feel worthy of so many blessings! I am grateful that the Lord trusts us with His children. Tomorrow will be a busy day of appointments as well. I am SUPER excited. :)
Today we went to the temple. President Jacobsen changed the rules and we can now go to the temple twice a year, six months apart. There are other special circumstance that will allow us to go but as soon as I heard that we could go, I knew that I NEEDED to go. I have been praying and asking people all transfer to help us get to the temple. Sister V. (the lady in the picture with me and Sister Morrison) is amazing and decided that she was going to take us. I am SO grateful that the Lord worked through her to bless us. I am so grateful to have been able to attend the temple today. I have a greater desire to help others make AND keep their covenants. Those covenants we make in the temple are real and serious. We need to do our best to walk up to those covenants. They are a source of power and safety. "In the ordinances thereof, the power of godliness is manifest." I felt that today! I feel like this is what I need to help me be strong for the last couple months of my mission. I want to give it all to the Lord. I loved being dressed in white- purity and victory. I saw and felt my potential as a daughter of God. I love the temple and I will go for the rest of my life!

I love you all! I have been praying all week that you have been comforted and know that I'm okay. I love being a missionary and I am so grateful for the blessings that I have seen in my life over the last 13 months. This is the Lord's work! This is His Church!
Love, Sister Jensen
PS The transfer ends this week. Predictions? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment